Thursday, January 4, 2024

Cheat Sheet for Getting Your Langley City Service Questions, Concerns, and Bylaw Matters Addressed

Regularly, people contact me about potential bylaw violations, water, sewer, garbage questions, concerns about camping in public spaces, development and building permits, and requests for the City, such as fixing a pothole. I'm happy to connect people to folks who can help them, though I wanted to share how you can directly contact folks who can help you. Going direct is quicker than going through the Mayor's Office.

For most City requests, you can use the City's Request for Service online tool at, including for bylaw violations such as improper parking. You can also call City Hall at 604-514-2800.

If you have an urgent bylaw matter that needs to be addressed on a Sunday or between 4:30 pm and 8:30 am, please call the RCMP non-emergency line at 604-532-3200. An example could be building construction work occurring on a Sunday or parking blocking a fire lane.

If you have a concern with a dog or livestock animal running at large, a dog that has bitten another animal or human, or a barking dog, you can contact Animal Control at 604-857-5055 from 9:00 am – 5:30 pm. Please call the RCMP non-emergency line after-hours or on holidays at 604-532-3200 if the matter is urgent.

If you live in a detached (single-family) house and have concerns or questions about garbage or organics collection, please get in touch with our contractor, Emterra Environmental, at 604-635-0999 or email

If you live in a detached house and have a concern or question with recycling, please call Recycle BC's contractor, GFL Environmental, at 778-765-3662 or

One of Langley City's core commitments is to provide Full Circle Customer Service. This commitment means that all Langley City staff or contractors will:

  • Treated you with courtesy and respect
  • Get back to you in a timely matter and follow up with you
  • Give you the most current and complete information available at the time
  • Be accountable for their actions

If you don't feel like you've received Full Circle Customer Service, please get in touch with me at or call City Hall at 604-514-2800 and ask to speak with the Mayor's Office.

No comments: